Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Party in the (Questionable) USA

Today, I decided to take a break from my ED shift and eat dinner. Kind of an unorthodox move, but I figured that I owed it to myself to get some nutrition. That, and the ED attendings are really nice/don't seem to care. But I still felt a modicum of guilt as I chugged my TruMoo chocolate milk in the cafeteria, so I decided to cut dinner short and head back to the ED after 15 minutes.

As I came out of the staircase and walked past the first-floor elevators, I came across an elderly white gentleman and a younger woman. Naturally, I was in walk-really-fast-with-pseudopurpose-mode. As I buzzed into the ED and half-ran through the doors, I heard a doppler-effect-modified grumbling coming from the older man to his companion: "Are we in the United States anymore?"

Short answer: Yes. Welcome to the present and future.

Additional unnecessary questions:
  • Surprised at seeing an Asian doctor? Please visit TMEC auditorium immediately. Or any hospital.
  • First time at Cambridge Health Alliance?...
  • Which skilled-nursing rock have you been hiding under for the past umpteen years?

1 comment:

Diana said...

Maybe he was commenting on the speed at which you were walking. Slow down! You have the freedom to!