I just officially applied to medical school... again.
It may seem strange, but people who defer matriculation to some American medical schools have to fill out the AMCAS application (a Common App for med schools, basically) twice. However, this time around, it's free (as opposed to hundreds of dollars), and only one school is indicated in the "Medical Schools" section (as opposed to 14). Also, there are no secondary applications or interviews - whew!
The strangest part about this process was having to go back and edit my "Activities" section so that they all ended on or before May 2007. I also had to change all of the verbs to past tense, and honestly, it was a bit jarring. As I proofread the entries, I kept finding myself drifting off into memories from college, so it took me a good 3 days to get the application to an acceptable state. So for now, there's no more YHHAP, no more Harmony Place (HP)/Unity House/A Place/Laplace, no more AASA, etc.
But let's see if I can't get some new acronyms and abbreviations into my life. Let's start with "D.C."
Saturday, August 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
DT. What about OMG? or ZOMG? or DIAF? Or LOL? Or FACE?
So I made that last one up. Anyway, TE AMO DETE.
Post a Comment