Ok, so I'm going to start regularly posting in this blog again. My life is finally picking up [a little], so there's actually stuff worth remembering! I'll try to reconstruct some older memories and also document new ones. For now, here's a stab at the latter goal.
Yesterday morning, woke up pretty early (maybe 8:30 a.m.) and wasted about 2 hours on the internet. By mid-morning, my stomach was growling, so I decided to pull a "dining hall" move and eat an assload of cereal for brunch. I opened a new box of this healthy-looking stuff I bought last week ("Nature's Promise"), poured myself a big bowl, and sat down to chow down. However, with the first bite, I realized that I had made a horrible mistake. Apparently, the only vow that Gaia had made was that her cereal would taste like mulch.
It turns out that I'm not a fan of "soy protein grahams" and "fiber twigs" in my cereal. (In retrospect, this likely explains why the product was discontinued and was priced at $1.74/box.) But I had already soaked 3 servings of this crap in milk, and being the miserliest cheapskate on this side of D.C., I was determined to finish eating. So I did.
It wasn't until later that I learned the gastrointestinal consequences of my cheapness. I glanced at the nutritional label and learned that each 3/4-cup serving of Nature's Cardboard Crunch has 10 grams of fiber. And I had just consumed 3+ servings.
Oops.
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment