So 2008 was ushered with style in Brooklyn (more on this later). However, New Year also brought some heavy responsibilities. I'm applying for the Jack Kent Cooke scholarship for graduate school, and there are a whopping 4 essays to write. Brutal.
I'm having a difficult time, in particular, with one of the prompts. It asks me to respond to a piece of art (liberally defined) by another person. I have 1000 characters with which to talk about any work of artistic expression. And I think that I'm going to write about Weezer's "Only in Dreams" from The Blue Album.
This is a strange choice, and I'm not certain how it will turn out. However, I have to give it the good ol' slightly-post-college try, no?
I think my mother pretty much characterized the required work ethic I'll need for the next several days on the phone tonight: "Work hard and relax! Oh, wait, I guess you can't do both. Work hard!"'
Here I go.
Wednesday, January 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment