Saturday, February 21, 2009

Crunk!!!

I've already mentioned one bizarre energy drink in this blog. I'm happy (?) to report that physiology has facilitated my encounter with another.

Introducing... Crunk!!!


This party-in-a-can was obtained in the cafeteria at Brigham and Women's Hospital the night before my cardiovascular physiology quiz. Basically, I was occupied until about 9:00 p.m., at which point I had to review the entire week's content in one night. Thinking that I may need liquid assistance to stay up and study, I became the proud owner of a can of Crunk!!!. (Also, I felt compelled to buy it just because of its name.)

Well, to make a boring story slightly less boring, I'll just say that staying up until 4:00 a.m. actually did not help me on the quiz. I was so zombified the next day that I literally couldn't even remember what the concavity of the Starling curve was. Luckily, I figured it out after about 5 minutes of "thinking" (or staring off into space in the auditorium).

The best part of all of this is I actually didn't end up consuming my Crunk!!!. Now I have it around in case (read: when) renal physiology gets desperate. (And perhaps it'll help me learn why caffeine is a diuretic and where it acts on the nephron.)

Update: Holy crap. Crunk!!! is endorsed by Lil John. (YEAAAH!)

No comments: