I've sadly come to realize that I'm not the only person who knows how boring and pointless my life currently is. My friends all know it, too.
Crap.
Case in point: I've become a sort of personal, 24-hour Mapquesting service. (An aside: Mapquest, please enjoy your brand recognition while it lasts! Google Maps is comin' up fast.) Last week, Chris called me to ask me to Google hookah bars in Houston for him. I didn't even know that hookah bars existed. It was about 10:00 p.m. on a Friday night. After a little effort, we did find one that was open, and according to a later text message from Chris, it was "really good."
That's all fine and dandy. The sad part is that he assumed [correctly, *sigh*] that I'd be sitting on my butt at home on a Friday night. I can only imagine what the process was like. But it probably resembled this:
Chris: I wonder which of the 239087843 people in my phonebook is definitely at home right now.
Chris hits down on his Sony Ericcson phone a couple of times.
Chris: Oh, of course!
Chris calls me.
And this has happened multiple times -- most recently about 2 hours ago. Perhaps the saddest part of all of this is that I probably won't have anything more substantial to do than to find you the nearest Taco Bell. So yeah, keep on calling. I'll bookmark Google Maps.
Postscript - 6/15/2007, 2:32 p.m.
If you're calling me 3+ times per day to ask me for directions to places that you previously knew you wanted to visit, perhaps it's time to buy a few of things:
1. A piece of paper
2. A pencil
3. A bottle of decency
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Haha, I'm sorry, David! It's not that I knew you'd be home. It's just that I know that you're the greatest friend ever.
Post a Comment