Well, taking a year off before med school has allowed me to experience a commonly maligned occasion: the staff holiday party. Comparing notes with a couple of friends, it has become known to me that the Food & Friends party was remarkably (and perhaps unusually) enjoyable. I largely credit this to how strongly the bartender made the drinks and to the extra drink ticket donated to me by the Special Events staff due to my unimpressive salary. (Well, unimpressive unless you're playing earnings limbo or income golf.)
I'll dispense with the frills and just list the horrifying things that I did under the disinhibiting influence of ethanol. (Yes, there was karaoke...) Keep in mind that the entire staff and many members of the Board of Directors attended the party. All of these people watched/listened in dismay as I:
1. Sang "Sexyback" by Justin Timberlake (duet)
2. Sang "I'm a Slave 4 U" by Britney Spears (duet)
3. Sang "Your Man" by Josh Turner (solo...)
4. Did the Soulja Boy Dance to "Crank Dat" for the entirety of the song
This limited and one-time performance received mixed reviews from critics.
"Apparently, you have this entire 'soul' side to you that no one knew about." - Alissa, Associate Director of Development
"Well, this one [pointing to me] came out of nowhere." - Don, Delivery Volunteer Coordinator
"And... here's our star!" - Dorota, Development Assistant
"We know what you do when you let loose." - Laura, Lead Community Dietitian (and my direct supervisor)
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
omg hi larious.
Post a Comment