Saturday, December 08, 2007

The Lame 2007 (Recap)

Being on the East Coast, there was no way that I was going to miss the Yale-Hahvahd football game this year. On Game weekend, I trekked up to New Haven with Lindsey, Carmen V., and Lisa by car. The trip took us much longer than anticipated due to a two-hour wait to cross the George Washington Bridge. However, we finally made it to Da Have'!

On the morning of The Game, kfed realized as we were walking past the Bookstore that she had forgotten to bring some necessities for a crimson problem of the personal kind. Thus, she ran off to GoHo and purchased an assortment of feminine products. However, since she was short on storage capacity, she was forced to stuff them all into her jacket.

Kfed, llena de gracia.

And The Game itself? Lame. However, the best part about it was the tailgating, and I must applaud former admissions staff member Jim Nondorf for having the snazziest tailgate I've ever seen. Not only was there a full buffet (replenishing!), there were two (count 'em!) open bars. Angelique and I stumbled upon this goldmine of merriment and enjoyment and then proceeded to bring a horde of '07 Hounies to join in the festivities. I must have spent 1.5 hours there, it was so good.

And then... The Lame. Not much needs to be said other than the fact that Harvard sucks... (So yes, of course Yale lost, and of course, Yale lost pretty badly.) As Christine says, "[On Game day], no matter how the function starts out... as time approaches 0, Yale approaches loser." Also, the "school on Monday" cheer rings hollow if you have to work on Monday. However, kfed's earlier oversight and subsequent marsupial genius allowed us to parade out of the Yale Bowl in style, shouting what has to be one of the best Yale cheers, ever. (We even had visual aids!)

"Tampon, tampon, stop the Crimson flow!"

All in all, The Game was a lot of fun. I miss college a lot (which I made very clear while walking back to Calhoun from the stadium...). It was great to see so many people from college again!

No comments: