Sunday, December 30, 2007

Invoking the Elm City

Last night, Nina and I held a housewarming/college-was-wonderful-wasn't-it party in Brooklyn. The theme was "A 'New Haven' in Brooklyn," and here's the flyer for it. (I've blurred out Nina's address and phone number.)



The party's concept was the recreation of several choice locations in the Elm City, and Nina and I made four "stations" modeling Koffee Too?, Rudy's, Durfee's Sweet Shoppe, and (the indomitable) Toad's. Here's a description of what happens when two overachieving people plan a party:
  • Koffee Too? - Custom-painted sign, baked goods, koffee liquor shots.
  • Rudy's - Custom-painted sign, beer, frites with 3 homemade dipping sauces (mango madness, aioli, and samurai.)
  • Durfee's - Assorted candy (we couldn't find any hard, stale candy, alas), vodka and Red Bull (to evoke memories of all-nighters).
  • Toad's - Custom-painted sign, beer, and "shots through the heart" (jello shots with color-contrasted heart-shaped jello ornaments), sketchy double-entendre-filled playlist (ended by Bon Jovi and Journey).

The party was a lot of fun, and it was great to meet some new people and see some familiar faces. I hope that good time was had by all!



No comments: