Thursday, April 08, 2010

Update 1: Twelve Days

So there was a change of plans. Shocking, really.

Realizing that I hadn't studied biochemistry yet (at all), I decided to put off the diagnostic test until today. I'm not sure if the tapestry of events unfurled as I'd hoped since I got side-tracked with studying hematology and actually didn't tackle much biochem. Alas.

The good news, however, is that I scored higher than I'd predicted on the diagnostic. There were huge gaps in my knowledge base, but I think that a combination of answer elimination and guessing helped me to pull through.

The test did identify some glaring weak spots, though. My weakest section by far is musculoskeletal. This isn't surprising at all, and I'll be focusing on this system tomorrow. What was rather disappointing was that my next weakest sections are gastrointestinal and endocrine/reproductive. Considering that these were the last two classes that I took during 2nd year (and that I worked really hard in them), it looks like I have some reviewing in my near future.

In other life news, I assembled my "restaurant to-do list" that is coupled to my boards studying. Today, I went to Veggie Planet, which is a vegetarian restaurant in Cambridge. I had the "Henry's Lunch," which was a pretty delightful experience: roasted butternut squash, caramelized onions, rosemary & sage, goat cheese and asiago cheese. Mmm mmm good. Up next is sushi at Genki Ya. Sweet potato tempura roll, here I come. (Reminds me a bit of Miya's in New Haven, actually! Sans messy sake-bombing.)

No comments: