I'm writing to you live from Langdell, where it's another great day to cram information into my already-supersaturated head. If you ever took chemistry lab, you may remember that minor disturbances can cause dissolved substances to precipitate out of supersaturated solutions quickly (precipitously, if you will). True to the physical/chemical laws of this world, the large amount of useless associations that I've crammed into my short-term memory also tend to spill out of me given the slightest disturbance.
Two observations:
- While riding the bus to and from home to the main campus, my roommates and I often talk about random facts that we've learned. Loudly. I'm sure this is annoying for other people (no one else cares about neural crest cell migration?!). But I hope that it's a forgivable offense as it does often help me to remember things. We just let it all hang out.
- My roommate Katie agrees that these "flights of associations" (because we all know that they're not actually meaningful ideas) are helpful. The other day, she said that these "conversations" were useful but then had to make her compliment conditional--"if we can even call these conversations." Zing.
Update:
- I've hit the 50% mark on USMLE World, meaning that I've completed about 1000 questions since school ended. Gotta keep this momentum going...
- It's now time to try to learn all of microbiology and anti-microbial drugs in 1.5 days. And go...
- Don't eat poop:
- Dog poop: Echinococcus all up in your liver (cysts--could cause allergic reaction)
- Pig poop: Cystercicosis all up in your brain (cysts in your brain from tape worms, cause seizures) - Don't breathe poop:
- Bat poop: Histoplasma (fungus) all up in your lungs... or more
- Pigeon poop: Cryptococcus infection - Don't eat raw meat:
- Raw pork: Tapeworm (T. solium) all up in your gut
- Raw pork: Trichinosis (Trichinella) all up in your muscles (cysts)
- Raw fish: Tapeworm (D. latum)

No comments:
Post a Comment